Monday 28 April 2014

Merluzzo al Forno

I never knew what this fish was called in English until I had to find a translation for this post. Hake or whiting, thats what I found on the world wide web. Not sure if that helps, but if you go to any fish monger, they will know what it is for sure.

Merluzzo is sooo good! It's a nice flakey, mild tasting fish. I'm not going to lie here, I buy it from my fish monger already clean and frozen. I hate cleaning fish. Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever cleaned fish, except shrimp. That's easy.

So anyway, I took out the fish fillets a couple of hours before I wanted to cook them. They don't need that long to defrost.


Preheat oven to 375F.
Brush a baking dish with some olive oil.
Place the fillets in the pan and season with salt and pepper.
Add a sliced garlic clove.
Sprinkle with herbes de provence.
Dust with some ground almonds.
Add a splash of dry vermouth.
Top with a few cherry tomatoes.
Drizzle with a little more olive oil.
Bake for 15 minutes.

This was really tasty! You must try it.

m xo

1 comment :

  1. This seems like it would be delizioso! I am an Italian-American, raised in the USA, although my heritage is half-Sicilian. I have been seeking authentic Sicilian recipes, particularly those that are allergen-friendly since I am allergic to dairy, eggs, and yeast, as well as intolerant to nightshades, wheat, and flour products, much of the time. Nightshades include tomatoes, but I think I could make this recipe without the tomatoes. I wonder how it would be with marinates artichokes instead for the tanginess that tomatoes provide, although the same sweetness wouldn't be there. I have some whiting I want to finish using up in the freezer. :) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete