Saturday 5 July 2014

You say cold soup, I say gazpacho...Pineapple Cucumber Gazpacho

I didn't know if I should call this a cold soup or a gazpacho. Either way, I think it alienates a lot of people as soon as you say it's a cold soup or gazpacho. You either love it or hate it. I personally love it. It's very refreshing and it has a nice kick from the jalapeno.

I've had this recipe on hand a few years and I recently came upon it again when I cleaned out a closet that I've been meaning to get to for a while. I used to make it all the time in the summer. Put everything in a blender and Bob's your uncle. Easy. Peasy.


Pineapple Cucumber Soup

3 cups fresh pineapple
3 cups cucumber, peeled
1/2-1 jalapeño, depending on the heat you want
2 green onions, white part only
handful of cilantro
1 cup coconut water
juice of a lime
1 teaspoon salt

Place all the ingredients in a blender or food processor and mix until pureed. Chill  and serve.


No comments :

Post a Comment