Tuesday 4 February 2014

Quinoa Stir Fried "Rice" with Baby Kale

I made this stir fry using quinoa instead of rice. I like that it has more protein than rice therefore more satisfying. I made my quinoa the day of but if you have any leftover, definitely use it! I made my stir fry a little spicy too. Adjust to your liking.
I used baby kale but if you can't find it or don't like kale, feel free to use baby spinach.
I find a bowl of this stir fry to be very comforting.



Quinoa Stir Fry with Baby Kale

2 cups cooked quinoa
2 eggs, beaten
4 generous handfuls of baby kale
1 red onion, thinly sliced
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 small red hot chilies, chopped
1 inch piece of ginger, peeled and grated
1 carrot, peeled and cut into matchsticks
2 tablespoons soy sauce or tamari
1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
sesame oil

Heat a wok or nonstick pan with 1 tablespoon of sesame oil. Pour in eggs and cook until it sets up. You can scramble or leave it as an omelet, it doesn't matter because it's going to break up when you incorporate it back into the stir fry. Transfer to a plate.
Heat another tablespoon of sesame oil and drop in kale and cook until wilted. Remove from the pan.
Place the pan over high heat with another tablespoon of sesame oil. When hot, add the onions, garlic, chilies, ginger and carrots. Stir constantly for 30 seconds. Stir in quinoa, cooked eggs, kale, soy sauce and hoisin. Cook for another 30 seconds. Ready to serve. I like to sprinkle on a few sesame seeds to finish.








m xo

No comments :

Post a Comment